An effective aircon-service is highly important and should therefore be given priority in Singapore homes. Due to its close proximity to the equator, Singapore is known for its high temperatures all through the year. However, it is important to note that aircon servicing is usually provided with a certain fee. With this said, one of the main concerns of home owners is that this service can take up a good amount of money. In as much as it may seem like a hassle, it is highly important since Singapore does not have major changes between the seasons. It is normal to experience temperatures of up to 180 degrees for an entire year. This can even become worse with the high levels of humidity.
The servicing cost of air conditioning within Singapore usually varies from one place to the next. However, it is important to have a general idea on the costs involved. Other than the cost, it is also important to ensure that the necessary solutions are provided regardless of the size of the AC unit.
1. Number of coils.
– Different aircon units have vary in the number of fans that they each have.
– The more powerful and larger AC units usually have a number of coils whereas the smaller units may only require a single one.
– These small sized units usually cost about $40. This price is constant regardless of whether it has a condenser or not.
– Any extra fan coil comes with an additional cost. However, the servicing price usually begins to go down when more coils are added.
– A good example would be a unit containing anywhere between 2 to 4 coils can cost between 30 to $35 service charge per coil.
– A unit that has about 5 coils may require about 25 to $30 servicing fee for every given coil.
– This can result to an increase of about $125 for the larger units, making them more expensive to maintain.
2. Chemical cleaning is rather costly.
– Chemical cleaning is quite important as it involves the entire unit and helps to get rid of debris, vacuum the different drainage systems, drain out various part and can come in quite handy especially when the basic servicing fails to work.
– The service fee required usually varies depending on a unit’s capacity.
-In Singapore, the cost is mainly influenced by the fan coils present within a unit.
– When dealing with a more complicated process the price per coil can go up to $80.
– This cost can actually be consistent regardless of the coils used at any given point.
3. What is involved in an intensive service?
– There are occasions where chemical or the standard maintenance solutions may not be appropriate.
– In case a unit fails to work as expected, is leaking or cannot control its condensate then the most suitable solution would be an overhaul.
– There are instances where some parts may need to be changed with some items drained.
– In as much as it may be a hassle, it may be a necessity when dealing with cases where the unit requires a complete overhaul in order to enable it regain its full function.
– This type of servicing will definitely cost much more than all the other practices. However, it is a more suitable option when compared to the having a faulty AC incapable of providing you with the much needed service.
– The average cost linked to this type of service is about $150. Even with its high cost, you can be assured that your AC unit will be restored to its previous condition.
– Even though this might be quite costly for a good number of people, it will definitely be worth the while given the importance of Air-con servicing in Singapore.
– At the end of the day you will still be able to save a good amount of money through an intensive service when compared to the large sum of money you may require to purchase a new one.
– From the information, it is clear to see that one would rather spend less money to ensure that their unit is properly maintained on a regular basis as opposed to the high rates involved with intensive servicing. This usually comes about as a result of poor maintenance of the AC unit over a long period of time resulting in its malfunction.